Papa don’t preach.
I don't give a fuck about you so don't bother. I won't spend the night, so my side will be cold before you wake up. If it makes you feel better, I'll smile and pretend that everything's okay. The heart is meant to be broken so I don't have one. Been burned once, now I'm fucking the flame.
Just your friendly Hogwartian whore..."Be careful, I'm the one brewing your healing draft...." - Florence, 1976
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, Listens but doesn't believe & leaves before she is left.”— Marilyn Monroe
# counting crows
# accidentally in love
- Who are their parents? Biologically and socially. Biologically, Florence’s mother is muggle Clarissa Nightingale (nee Grey) and her father is Hugh Nightingale, a pureblood. However, once Flo’s mother died, Hugh kind of retreated within himself and so Florence was raised by her muggle grandparents. Once at Hogwarts, Poppy Pomfry was perhaps the only semblance of a mother Florence felt as though she had.
- What is their earliest memory? Dancing. Florence’s mother was a professional ballet dancer who toured the world until she met Hugh. After having Flo, Clarissa set up a dance studio and taught there right up until her death. Flo remembers her mother dancing around in the kitchen, trying to teach Florence a few simple steps.
- What did they want to be when they grew up? Growing up, Florence had wanted to be a dancer like her mother.
- What did/do their parents want them to be? Clarissa Nightingale was the only one in the Nightingale family that saw the irony of calling her daughter Florence Nightingale. In some respects, she wanted Florence to do something worthwhile and good with her life. Hugh, however, wanted his daughter to pursue a ministry career or even go in journalism like him.
- Do they have siblings? Older or younger? Brothers or sisters? No, Florence is an only child
- Do they have or have they ever had children? How many? Yes, Florence will later have Alba, her daughter.Maybe one more. Not sure yet.
- Do they or have ever had a significant other? Are they still with them? Why? Why not? There are three guys within Florence’s life that can be considered a ‘significant other’. First there was a muggle called Luke, to whom Florence lost her virginity to. He was slightly older and Florence had hoped that he would want a relationship after. He did not and perhaps this helped Florence’s fear of emotions and relationships. Then there’s Avery, to whom Florence had only ever seen as a friend or a ‘fuck-buddy’. That is, until she saw him with her best friend, Wendy. It took Florence a long time to realise just how much she loved Avery, because in her eyes, he was her. Finally, there is Sil, who perhaps took Florence by surprise the most. Florence’s feelings for him seemed to have crept up on her. Regardless, he is the person who makes Florence want to be better. She kind of sees him as the happy ending she didn’t believe she could have
- Up until now, what’s the most noteworthy thing they’ve done? To them? To the people around them? Florence’s ability to heal and her work done within Hogwart’s Infirmary is perhaps one of the few things she has been most proud about.
- What was their education like? Hogwarts to Florence was home, yet she treated her education as an excuse to be in the castle. A lot of the time, Florence skipped class to have sex, smoke or to venture off into Hogsmeade to drink.
- Name? Florence Mercy Nightingale
- Age? Eighteen
- Approximate height? 5”2
- Approximate weight? 112 lbs
- Hair colour? Russet (reddish) brown.
- Eye colour? Hazel, with flecks of green and grey.
- Skin tone? Pale, with perhaps a hint of gold in the summer.
- Do they speak with an accent? The usual London city accent, when she pronounces some words, they can be seen as ‘posh’.
- Where are they from? Florence’s father is Scottish and mother is British. However Flo was born in the Sussex countryside and spent the first eight years of her life there.
- Where are they now? At Hogwarts, yet since the death of her mother, Florence and her father moved to London.
# the notebook
# Heard this
# thought of flo/her dad
# papa don't preach
|Song: Papa don't preach|
|Played 269 times|
Papa Don’t Preach Madonna
# the only exception
|Played 209 times|
Paramore - The Only Exception
# lana del rey
# born to die
|Played 230 times|
Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
Stephanie Meyer “New Moon”
# fits my mood
# fits everything right now
# it's friday and i'm depressed
# who knew
|Played 90 times|
Who Knew -P!nk
# just... stop
# flo can't take it
# kiss me
# six pence none the richer
|Song: Kiss Me|
|Artist: Sixpence None The Richer|
|Played 530 times|
# make lisa get all emotional
# florence nightingale
# avery viridis
# bella swan
# kristen stewart